- So it's final's week. Of course I'm busy with grading and students and such.
- I had CG over for dinner Friday, but then realized that he's not my OTL (One True Love) and also, nearly simultaneously, realized that an entirely inappropriate person is more interesting to me than is CG. I am not saying that this person is an OTL - just saying that in comparison with CG I found him more interesting.
- I love the song "7" by Prince (though I think he was a symbol at that time).
- I think my friend, whom I'll call "Disney Heather," may have found her husband. She's a weirdo, but she's my oldest friend. And it would take a weirdo to be her OTL, but I think that this guy is. I so hope that he is and I so hope that she gets her shit together and ends up marrying him before I figure my shit out - mainly because I think that she really wants that more than I do.
- In other news, I think I'm going to be real friends with a former student. I took her out to lunch last week, but I feel that we will ultimately be real friends rather than professor-friends. She's so great!
- While I should begin my day tomorrow with grading, I believe that what I will begin my day with is shopping. Grading, smading, The point here is that I need new jeans and other new clothes, partly for the travels of the summer and partly because I just need new summer clothes. And so I will shop and then grade.
- You know what song is great? Nelly Furtado's Do It. It kind of reminds me of Stacy Q.
- "So don't be a fool. Don't get lied to. Love, you know, was always cruel." Or, if not that, "But me I'm not a gamble, you can count on me to split." There's a person who's not a person who is also not CG whom I'm thinking of with these lyrics, but as he's not a person I'm not really thnking of him. Yep, so that's what's going on with me.
5 years ago