Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I Can Keep My Silence No Longer

We've got to talk about it. Robin Thicke. I have been doing my best to avoid him, as every time I hear that "Lost without U" song I think that I'm in danger catching gonorrhea through my ear drums, but then, when you least expect it, there he is on American Idol, with his nasty mustache and his white sneakers and his I want it this way I want it that way filth. Does America really support this Thicke character? Do we really want our children listening to him and - god forbid - buying posters of him and having - eeeewww - sexual thoughts either in relation to him or with him as the soundtrack behind those thoughts or adolescent fumblings that are happening in this, the '07? I can't accept that this is who we, as a country, think is sexy or hot. Oh no, I cannot.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Alan Thicke sure has spawned some implausible human beings. First Mike Seaver, now this guy. Jesus.

Anonymous said...

skeeve master 5000.

AcadeMama said...

Thank God you spoke out!! And thank God even my 8-yr old daughter was grossed out by him last night when watching AI! And, really, what the hell is that thing above his upper lip??

Kate said...

Oh, thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster I'm not the only one who is totally spooked by this creepy Alan Thicke offspring creature.

medieval woman said...

I hate the way he spells his name. Dear God, is he Alan Thicke's son?!

Dr. Crazy said...

Oh yes, MW, he *is* Alan Thicke's son, with Gloria Loring, of daytime drama fame. He is hideous. And I am so glad that others agree with me about this.