Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Most Useless Horoscope Ever

Ok, now this isn't from my snazzy daily horoscope that I get that's based on my actual and specific birthday but rather from the general one. Just take a gander:

"Unnecessary distraction or totally necessary diversion? It's your call. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break in order to get back on the horse. Other times you need to keep plugging on. Which is it this time? "

Totally and completely useless. I mean, it's almost difficult to fathom how the astrology people can think that horoscope gives any sort of relevant information. LAME.

But so anyway, I'm considering what to do with my day, and I think I need to get out into the world to see others and to interact with them. It occurs to me that I'm hitting that point in the summer where I go a bit wonky because of not seeing enough people on a day-to-day basis. Now, I know I complain throughout the semester about seeing TOO MANY people, but see, that's the fun of me. I complain whether it's too many people or too few people. But so in the summer it's really important for me to get into a routine of activities that force me out into the world and that mean I'm not totally isolated from human contact. So now it's time to figure out what those things today will be.

Also, I think I need to work on my one conference paper today. I started looking at the abstract for it last night and it occurs to me that it's too big of an idea for 15 minutes. Ah well. I've had such big ideas before, and I'll figure it out. It's just that because of the size of the idea that it will take longer to write this paper than previously anticipated because I'll need to write a really tight paper. Sigh.

Ok, I must away with myself. I cannot spend the day chained to home and to the internet!

Oh, but also. Check out Medusa's post on the 48 Laws of Power. It will give insight into the Craziness that typified me during grad school (and I think it's totally hilarious) :)


No comments: