Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Winter Bikini Line of Discontent (Clearly a TMI post)

Lord. There is this passage in Bridget Jones' diary where she talks about readying herself for a date with Daniel Cleaver, and in the process of body hair removal, she notes that women's bodies are like some uncontrollable rain forest - that left to their own devices even for brief periods of time that they revert back to nature. This is so, so true. So I accomplished a total of 2 1/2 things today (as I believe I probably shouldn't count napping and playing Sims 2):

1. I bought my plane ticket for England.
1/2. I began reading the novel I've got to read for my presentation at a conference in July. It is weird and awesome.
2. I dealt with the bikini line.

Now, you might not think that #2 is an accomplishment - I mean, how big of a deal is it to remove some body hair? Oh lord, you have no idea. Ah well - the summer is here and things are back in tip-top shape. Hurrah!

[Aside: this makes me think of the episode of Sex and the City where Samantha decides to grow her pubic hair out, realizes she has gray hairs, tries to die it, and it ends up looking like bozo the clown over her genital region.]

In other, less TMI news, A. shall arrive tomorrow for our weekend of A. and Crazy! It shall be excellent! We have lots of big plans. These include:
  • Lounging around poolside.
  • Drinking wine.
  • Watching girly TV, such as the Sex and the City.
  • Drunk dialing.
I cannot tell you how excited I am for this time with my A.! We shall have so much fun!

1 comment:

Flavia said...

Sweetie darling, I hear you loud and clear on this one. All I'm saying is, I'm half Italian and half Eastern European. The only friends I've ever had who have truly understood my hair-related drama have been Indian or Latina.