Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bad Dream

The dream is this. You are in your bed sleeping. All of a sudden you feel like somebody is in the room, watching you. And you bolt upright and you turn on the lights (in the dream), and the fucked up thing is that you are being watched, but the person is invisible. Then the dream becomes more fucked up because you know who the person is, and you try to make the person reveal himself but nothing, and so you convince yourself that it's a dream. But when you turn the lights back off this person talks to you. And you're freaked out. And you bolt upright in bed again, turning the lights on, but again, the person invisible and silent and he won't reveal himself. And it's your real bedroom, not the dream bedroom that is and isn't your bedroom. So then when you really wake up, bolting upright and turning on the lights, totally freaking out your peaceful little cat, I might add, which your little cat does not like, you're not entirely sure if you're still dreaming or if you're awake (though you are lucky that you have a cat, because he brings you to your senses).

5 comments:

Earnest English said...

There is some kind of pattern here, Dr. Crazy. I too had the kind of unproductive-in-terms-of-doing-what-I'm -supposed-to-be doing day yesterday that made me again reflect on why I do this to myself which made me promise to go to bed early. Then I too woke up way too early to be rested after having odd dreams. Is everyone like this? If we procrastinate and then try to go to bed early, is it inevitable that we'll wake up too early and unrested for our ha-ha so productive day? OY!

I hear ya. I hear ya.

The History Enthusiast said...

I have this exact dream all the time...and it is seriously starting to freak me out!

Anonymous said...

yikes. I have a dream kind of like this sometimes except for some reason, I am incapable of finding the light switch and end up yelling at or trying to attack the invisible person instead.

sleepycat said...

frequent lurker here :-)

I too am making very little writing progress and woke up this morning with a vague recollection of a bizarre dream. It involved someone accidentally summoning a demon and I was trying to put some clothes and household things in a safe place to avoid the coming disaster. One bit I do remember clearly was grabbing Jack Sparrow by the arm and telling him very forcefully that I knew this was all his fault and I was holding him accountable for anything that got broken.

Freudians can have a field day with that one. . .

Laura said...

I've had dreams like that. I hate them. Wishing you better dreams! :-)