So I've been thinking on and off all day about what to write in honor of the passing of this year, I've toyed with doing the meme I've done previously (too lazy to link), I've tried to think of any deep thoughts I've got, etc.
And you know what? The most I can say is that I've never felt so happy, that I can recall, for a year to be over. 2009 was a rough year for me. This is not to say that there weren't good things, for there were, but it was also a year that had a lot of low lows, and I'm fucking done with it.
I've got a good feeling about 2010. I only have one resolution this year - fitness. In recent years I've always stuck fitness on a list of resolutions, and it's always the one that I don't achieve. This year I'm not messing around - this is the one and only thing on which I plan to focus my attention. I've spent tonight making detailed plans so that this will come to fruition - much in the way that I've done with other resolutions I've actually achieved in past years.
But I've got lots of other things I'm looking forward to in 2010, which include:
1) A course release this spring.
2) A summer fellowship for the summer, so no summer teaching, and sabbatical in the fall, so no fall teaching or service.
3) (Assuming all goes according to plan) buying a house.
4) Getting to work on my next book.
5) Travels to a variety of locations, some for work and some not.
So here's wishing you all a happy, happy, happy 2010.
7 years ago