Saturday, March 24, 2007

Things Are Not Going Well

Oh, they're not going badly. It's just in order for things to go well, you actually have to force yourself to write. You have to make sure that you don't end up watching the Drew Barrymore movie Never Been Kissed as well as all of the episodes of The Hills that you've missed recently. You have to make sure that you don't decide to do all of the laundry that exists in your house.

I'm such an asshole. Why won't I just do this last little bit and get it over with? What the fuck is my problem? And what am I going to tell Trans Am about tomorrow? (I think I'm going whether I finish everything I wanted to or not. I mean, it's not like I have to commit to hours and hours with TA, so I can, ostensibly, do work tomorrow and then have the reward of going out. Yes. That's how sensible people organize their lives. They don't hole up and procrastinate and refuse to allow themselves normal pleasurable things.

4 comments:

George H. Williams said...

"They don't hole up and procrastinate and refuse to allow themselves normal pleasurable things."

Actually, you've described my life perfectly.

kfluff said...

I totally blame "The Hills." What it is about that show that sucks you in?! I have lost many grading/writing hours to hating on Spencer...

Dr. Crazy said...

My god! Spencer is such a douchebag! He is horrible! How is it possible that Heidi cannot see the way he manipulates her and turns her against Lauren? (Well, I know how, it's because Heidi is d-u-m-b, but whatever.) And who knew that Brody Jenner was so dumb? I mean, I didn't expect him to be a rocket scientist or anything, but I'm consistently amazed that he seems so totally to have rocks for brains. You know it's crazy when that LC seems like she's really bright and has her shit together. Where do they find these people?

And George, that admission just means that you're not a SENSIBLE person. You must stop the refusing yourself normal pleasurable things! It is bad for us all!

Dr. Crazy said...

Or wait. I might have been confused on the George comment. You might have meant that you really don't do that. I don't know. I can't think rationally because I'm actually getting work done! Yippee!