Saturday, March 17, 2007

Procrastination, Day Two

Though it turns out I won't go out tonight (which had been a possibility) so all is not lost, even though I still can't motivate myself to work. What am I doing instead of working? Let's let Nick Hornby describe it:

"To me, making a tape is like writing a letter - there's a lot of erasing and rethinking and starting again [. . .] A good compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do" (88-9).

Yes, I'm making a mix. Haven't done this since 1999. (Oh, actually though, I think there was an intended mix for a guy I dated a couple of years ago, but I didn't put that much thought into it and I never gave it to him. Wonder whatever happened to that one....)

Next thing you know I'll decide to rearrange my furniture.

Or maybe dye my hair.

Or maybe clean my study.

Or decide to wash my car.

Lord, the possibilities for procrastination really are endless....

2 comments:

Sisyphus said...

So, will we get an update as to what finally gets on the mix?

Dr. Crazy said...

Hmmm.... Yes, when I make the final decision I will update everybody, BUT I'll have to wait to do so until the person gets it, as I really don't want the person to try to intervene in my choices for it (and this person most certainly would).

I expect the process of making this thing to last at least a week - maybe longer. And as I'm thinking about it now, it may be a two-volume affair....