Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Music for Writing, Music for Feeling Sorry for Oneself

  1. At This Point in My Life - Tracy Chapman
  2. Lua - Bright Eyes
  3. A Thousand Tiny Pieces - The Be Good Tanyas
  4. Come Around - Rhett Miller
  5. Parting Gift - Fiona Apple
  6. You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol
  7. If You Ever - Sinead O'Connor
  8. St. Swithin's Day - Billy Bragg
  9. Shatter - Liz Phair
  10. Elephant - Damien Rice
  11. Those Three Days - Lucinda Williams
  12. A Song for You - Gram Parsons
  13. White Flag - Dido
  14. Madame George - Van Morrison
  15. Fly Away - Poe

I may need to back away from the computer, turn off the iPod, and go grade or something. :)

Update, 10:26 PM: Ok, so I didn't back away from the computer, though I did change the music. The writing continues, quite successfully, interspersed with emailing and looking at blogs, watching some chihuahua videos on Youtube (thanks, Medusa, for showing me the glory that is "When Chihuahua's Attack"), and talking on the phone. You might think it impossible to write under these conditions, but apparently I'm all about the multi-tasking. I've written two brand new pages and that's without supplementary criticism included yet) and I only have about two more to write, to add in the criticism, and then this motherfucker of a chapter will be DONE. And that means I can do the final edits, and then I can send this bitch off and get it out of my hot little hands. All is not sad and desperate! All is excellent! Excellent, I say! Ok, now back to the naked wrestling men, a favorite pastime of mine (that is going to result in some awesome hits from google, and I just can't resist :) ).

Update, 11:01: Ok, so I guess that it wasn't two more pages (without criticism) that was needed, but one. I am DONE!!!!! Tomorrow I will add in the criticism, and then FOR REAL DONE!!!! And then the last run-through with editing. AND THEN READY TO SEND THE THING OFF!!!!!!! "Kiss You All Over" by Exile is a brilliant song :)

3 comments:

itinerarium said...

Wow! Done done deserves some praise, so, err, well done! Congrats and enjoy the feeling, but watch out for the post partum manuscript/book blues...

Sisyphus said...

Whoo-hoo! Be sure to take yourself out to dinner! (You could take the big shiny Fedex box with you and sit it on the chair across from you if you prefer not to dine alone...):)

Dr. Crazy said...

:) Thanks, I. Now, it's not totally done yet, but it's so close I can smell it. Point taken about the p-p blues, but, if this is anything like mailing off the diss, the result won't be depression but rather a sort of other extreme wilding out. At least it's lucky Ive got a lot coming up in the next few months so that such behavior can't get totally out of control.

Sisyphus: Actually, Trans Am's taking me out to dinner :) I'm totally not that excited about it now, but whatever. I think it will be fun and it will be nice to go out in the current circumstance.