Saturday, March 10, 2007

Rainy, Gloomy Saturday Becomes Partly Sunny Saturday Afternoon

I just got back from a walk in my neighborhood. The sun was out. The birds were chirping. A bunch of teen-aged boys screamed out of a car window at me. All of this made me unaccountably happy.

Prior to that I finished reading a novel I'll be teaching soon, and I did some manuscript-related work.

It's turning out to be a really great day.

Spring has sprung. And I'm actually really kind of looking forward to getting back to the routine of teaching after this week of totally unscheduled time. Such time is sometimes necessary, but it always ends up being really not so good for me.

1 comment:

Nik said...

No no no. It's not good to go back on Monday. NO make it stop.
OK, I'm over that. But since most everyone else in the country is just starting their spring break, this returning to routine business makes me a little bit grumpy.