Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So. Fucking. Tired.

Here's what I did today:

  1. Taught two classes. In one class we were reading some poems. They are lucky I didn't quiz them. They are also lucky I gave them some time to work in groups. I, on the other hand, am not lucky, because I think I'm presenting myself to them in this class as Dr. Slutty or something, what with all of what I'm having them read. They keep looking at me funny. It's not at all cool. In the other class, we began a novel, and I spent a lot of time connecting dots for them and asking leading questions and trying to up the sophistication quotient in the room. Only two of the male students really get it, and sometimes I think that I'm not paying enough attention to the other students because those two guys and I are just having our own conversation. There is a third male student who wants to be part of that conversation, but he's just not bright enough - I think that he doesn't really want to have the conversation but rather that he's doting on me in some fashion.
  2. Picked up some books that arrived from ILL.
  3. Ate lunch.
  4. Graded 11 midterms.
  5. Had annual performance meeting with chair.
  6. Tabulated midterm grades for freshmen.
  7. Posted midterm grades for freshmen.
  8. Ate one sleeve of peanutbutter sandwich girlscout cookies. (I was desperate.)
  9. Met with a student.
  10. Made appointments to meet with two other students.
I feel like I might fall asleep while typing this blogpost. Productivity sucks balls. And I'm feeling lonesome and neglected because everybody else is busy being productive, too. And that sucks balls as well. So I'm going to take my potty-mouth and take a wee little nap. In the meantime, I leave you with the following quotation, that really says it all for me right now:

"I have always tried to live in an ivory tower, but a tide of shit is beating at its walls, threatening to undermine it."

4 comments:

Earnest English said...

Dr. Crazy, some of us are busy being super-unproductive! But I want you to know how much I appreciate that you blog daily. Now that I'm on Spring Break, it's only you and Dr. Four Eyes that can motivate me! You rock! You deserve a wee nap. And though I have done nothing today but be sick, so do I!

PG said...

I totally get it...you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...If you're not productive, you end up stressed out because of all the work you didn't get done and if you are productive, it means you've spent a lot of time away from people and miss human interaction.

Maybe you should reward yourself with your productivity...the other sleeve of cookies sounds tempting...

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I love that quote!

Have a beer, you've earned it.

History Geek said...

Hope the rest of the week goes better for you! I'm going to try to take a page out of your book and get a lot done during my break.

More than just watching Scotland P.A and R&G Are Dead; again.