Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Why Is This Who I Am?

Because I'm the sort of person who, when she has real, legitimate things that she should be accomplishing, decides that rather than accomplishing those things, which MUST be done, she will instead spend the afternoon giving one of her syllabi for the fall a complete overhaul. It's like a sickness, this thing I do with procrastinating by doing unnecessary work, which also in the end makes more work for me later on as well because in the process of overhauling I always end up making changes that make work for myself.

I am also, however, doing laundry, which does mean I'm accomplishing something on my to-do list.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I also suffer from this dread disease. If I spent even one tenth of the amount of time I spent procrastinating on doing things I should be doing, I would be able to get SO much accomplished!

I really enjoy reading your blog. Take care!

Sisyphus said...

Wait ... huh? There's another way to do things?

I'd think about that more but I've got to eat dinner first.

Eddie said...

I'm laughing because I did the exact same thing the other day. On the bright side, I have a great syllabus that I won't have to worry about when Fall rolls around.