- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Let's see..... 8 Random facts about moi. Though I've got to say, I hope I don't tell you all things that you already know... It's hard to remember what I've revealed and what I haven't..... Hmmmm....
- When my parents were going through their divorce, I had a 3-month-or-so-long crime spree in which I was a shoplifter. What did I steal? Candy and make-up. Apparently these were my priorities when I was 12. I was never caught.
- I blush at the drop of a hat. I mean, I've even blushed when I'm by myself, which is just utterly ridiculous, and somehow even more embarrassing than blushing in the presence of others.
- I totally did not always want to be a college professor when I grew up. In fact, the main things that I wanted to be were a cartoon (age 3), an architect (age 8 or 9), a fashion designer (ages 9-13), a journalist (ages 14-19).
- I have never read Of Grammatology in its entirety - or really even more than a few pages, to be honest. I doubt I ever will.
- I have a circular birthmark on the back of my right calf that, when I was born, was totally white and had fuzzy hair that sprouted from it. The hair fell out, but the circular birthmark remains, and it is no longer totally white, but you can still see the perfect circle of difference if you look carefully.
- I was named after my father, though not with the usual feminine versions of his name. This means that my name (which is not terribly uncommon) is not spelled in the most common way. This means that people (and people's stupid voice-activated cell phone things) mispronounce my name in ways that I HATE.
- You know my First Love? I never said "I love you" to him during the five years we dated. Nor did he to me. We only ever said it after we broke up. (Which may indicate something about the dysfunction that was that relationship.)
- I was born on a Holy Day of Obligation. And it sucks to go to church on your birthday when you're a little kid. Totally.
Ok, now I'm supposed to tag 8 people. I hate the tagging part. I think I'm just not going to follow the rules and say that anybody interested should do the meme and maybe leave a comment alerting me to the fact that you've taken up the challenge?