- I saw my friend Anne (whom I've known for years but whom I also know from the blogosphere) and it was great to catch up with her. Aside: she thinks that I should write a novel that captures the essence and spirit of Dr. Crazy. Would people read such a novel? What are your thoughts?
- My paper went well (I thought) although I was a bit discouraged in the immediate aftermath because nobody asked me a question. But then, last night, I introduced myself to a Fancy Person and apparently the Fancy Person had been in the audience and she liked my paper! And said something specific about it and so clearly wasn't just being nice! (Although she was being nice, it should be noted.) But at any rate, yay! The positive response to the work! Hurray!
- It looks like I'll have two small publications emerge from the conference, one just a review, another that is teaching-related. I am a very productive scholar and I am seen as a person who has things to say! Yippee!
- I am feeling very focused on work, and I feel like the next six months will be very productive and important work-wise. I'm not sure where any of this will take me, and I'm not sure how I'll do all of what I've got on my plate, but I'm truly excited and I really needed this boost.
- I caught up with lots of acquaintances, including one of my cohort from grad school whom I was completely surprised to see, and had fabulous conversations and all in all a very intellectually stimulating and enjoyable time.
- I also met another person who knows me from the blogosphere, and she was fantastic! Love my blog and the way that it brings cool people into the Circle of Crazy! People are so interesting! They work on such interesting things! It is fabulous!
6 years ago