Sunday, June 10, 2007

Random Bullets of the Grand Return Home!

Well, my faithful readers, I have returned to the Man-Kitty and to the Home of Crazy, and I am feeling both exhausted and totally energized. I'm so glad that I went to the conference this weekend! Hurray! But, so here are some highlights:

  • I saw my friend Anne (whom I've known for years but whom I also know from the blogosphere) and it was great to catch up with her. Aside: she thinks that I should write a novel that captures the essence and spirit of Dr. Crazy. Would people read such a novel? What are your thoughts?
  • My paper went well (I thought) although I was a bit discouraged in the immediate aftermath because nobody asked me a question. But then, last night, I introduced myself to a Fancy Person and apparently the Fancy Person had been in the audience and she liked my paper! And said something specific about it and so clearly wasn't just being nice! (Although she was being nice, it should be noted.) But at any rate, yay! The positive response to the work! Hurray!
  • It looks like I'll have two small publications emerge from the conference, one just a review, another that is teaching-related. I am a very productive scholar and I am seen as a person who has things to say! Yippee!
  • I am feeling very focused on work, and I feel like the next six months will be very productive and important work-wise. I'm not sure where any of this will take me, and I'm not sure how I'll do all of what I've got on my plate, but I'm truly excited and I really needed this boost.
  • I caught up with lots of acquaintances, including one of my cohort from grad school whom I was completely surprised to see, and had fabulous conversations and all in all a very intellectually stimulating and enjoyable time.
  • I also met another person who knows me from the blogosphere, and she was fantastic! Love my blog and the way that it brings cool people into the Circle of Crazy! People are so interesting! They work on such interesting things! It is fabulous!
I do believe that's all I have to report for the time being. Now, the pool calls. I need to relax and to recharge in order to be the dynamo that I plan to be in the coming weeks! Next stop, the United Kingdom!

5 comments:

phd me said...

Congrats on a rather successful conference! And by all means, write that novel; I would even queue up for an autograph when you do your reading at the local Barnes & Noble!

Hilaire said...

That's so great!!! It all sounds so positive and inspiring!

And I'm with PhD me - I'd read you as a novel, for sure.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I would totally read that novel. In fact, one of the reasons I like your blog is that sometimes I feel like I already am reading it.

Anonymous said...

i am apparently incapable of reading for pleasure right now, but i would buy that novel and keep it on my dresser.

Sisyphus said...

Yes, but novels have endings and blogs don't! Plus, I can read up on the doings of the Crazy for free, in the comfort of my own home, whenever I want to!

(Not that I wouldn't appreciate a novel, I'm just sayin' why I like blogs.)

(PPS, if you leave comments in the margins of a novel, the author knows nothing about them.)