Friday, June 22, 2007

Thank You, Gods of Rain and Writing!

It has been sunny here for like 700 days in a row. One day it was a little overcast because it was nearly 100 degrees, and they thought it might thunderstorm, and it did thunder, though rain did not materialize. These are the conditions in which I've been trying to write this conference paper, and let me just say, my friends, it is not at all easy to write when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping and when it's a bajillion degrees (even though yes, I live in an air-conditioned space, but something about just knowing the oppressive heat is out there hinders my motivation). But today - just when I most needed it! - the skies are steel gray and the rain beats steadily upon the sidewalk. It is only 64 degrees - when of late it's been nearly 80 at this time of day! Hurrah!

So I woke up to this gorgeous perfect writing day, and I took myself to Starbucks to get myself motivated, er, I mean caffeinated - what motivation and caffeination are not the same thing? - but so yes, and now I shall consider where to begin with the day of super-duper-productivity.

No comments: