Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hands of Crazy

Well. I posted about going to get a manicure, and I also posted about my non-hand-model hands earlier, so I thought to myself, "Self, perhaps you should show people the hand of the little-kid fingers and the smudge-of-dirt freckle" (right below the deformed middle finger - and it really does look like dirt in this picture, so I forgive my mother.). Actually, I feel like the hand looks even more crazily deformed, in part because of the positioning of my thumb (not conscious), and in part because of the widely spread pinky finger, which really results because of a horrible childhood accident involving both a basketball accident as well as the finger being slammed in a car door (on the same day).

So here it is

4 comments:

krisluvswool said...

That really is a little kid-fingers hand! Great nail polish, btw!

Anonymous said...

when you first posted, i figured the deformed middle finger was probably the sort of thing only you'd notice. and now....

Maude said...

i think you're too hard on yourself. however, i wish i had listened to my mother about the knuckle cracking thing. unless my nails are long, i look stubby.

life× is right about the nail polish.

Dr. Crazy said...

Oh, I'm not THAT hard on myself. I actually like my little kid hands. I also have little kid feet to match :) I will say, though, that I was surprised when I realized that my hands wouldn't suddenly change and look like my mom's hands when I grew up :)

As for the nail polish, since a couple of people have mentioned it, it is OPI's tutti fruiti tonga.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000141EA0/ref=noref/002-3677666-2620005?ie=UTF8&s=hpc