Thursday, June 14, 2007

On Lacking Patience

Do you ever have those days where you wake up with a bee in your bonnet and you decide that you're instantly impatient with everything and everyone, that you're suddenly stressed out by things that you've not even been thinking about the day before, and that it's high time for you to figure out EVERYTHING in your life, even though to do so is impossible because many parts of your life are not solely within your control? Yeah, that's how I woke up today. So, I decided to send an email in which I was both a nag and an insecure freak, to wander around the house whining and moping to myself, to email another friend, and now to write this post. And my cat is yowling for no apparent reason, and I am impatient with him as well. So there. I'm thinking I probably have to channel this impatience into something positive, like work, but the thought of that makes me want to punch somebody. I hate channeling non-work energies into work. Hate. It.

2 comments:

life_of_a_fool said...

oh my god, yes. I often have these days, I just narrowly averted sending just such an email last night, and I have an equally hard time channeling into something useful. erggh.

helenesch said...

How about working out? That's a good way to channel those feelings for me--get away from work and do something else for a bit (something that can't be so frustrating!) Even take a walk...