Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Which I Realize I'm Approximately 12 Years Old

Except for that the 12-year-old me didn't have the technology that I currently have, and so the 12-year-old me would have made different choices than the ones that I have made in this matter, and those choices, while time-consuming, would have been more sensible, more enjoyable, and perhaps even less time-consuming than the choices that I have made in this matter.

So. The deal is this. I heard this song that I thought was totally awesome on the radio like a week and a half ago. And then I heard it again yesterday. And it's, as I mentioned, totally awesome. But the radio, it did not tell me on either occasion the name of the song or the musicians that have created this masterpiece.

And, since I only heard it one-and-a-half times, I don't really know how it goes. I know that it includes vocals by a man and a woman. I know that there is some sort of totally catchy line about "something something me and you...." that is repeated over and over again. But this, apparently, as well as some meticulous research into the "modern rock" charts, has not gotten me any closer to my goal, which is to discover what the fuck this song is.

So, my dear readers, perhaps the above rings some kind of a bell for you? Perhaps you know what I'm talking even though it is totally vague and stupid?

In the meantime, I have decided to kick it old school and to listen to this radio station where I heard the melodious song played until I hear the melodious song again. I don't believe I've listened to my radio in my home - other than to NPR in the morning when I get ready sometimes - since approximately 1998. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

If this doesn't work, I may need to call up the radio station. But I feel like that is the nuclear option, as I am 32 years old and not 12 years old, and it just seems wrong to call up the radio station with this query. Also, I'm not certain that this radio station actually has DJs. I mean, there's a reason why I never know what stupid song they're playing - it's because they never talk in between songs. Maddening! This is a maddening difficulty in which I find myself!

6 comments:

Dr. C said...

Although somebody may be able to tell you name of the song, my suggestion would be to continue listening to the radio station. When you hear the song check their website to see if they have a listing of songs recently played.

Unknown said...

Sounds like Peter Bjorn and John's "Young Folks." You can check youtube for videos to confirm. (The song was in frequent rotation on BBC6 Music last summer.) Good luck.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Crazy said...

That! Whoever you are, you ARE MY HERO! It is the song!!!!! It is the song!!!!! I'm happier than I've been ever!!!!! Thank you!!!! Hurrah!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmmpphhh, well you don't need me to comment now!
;)

Dr. Crazy said...

Oh, I always need you to comment, Lina! I blame the time difference for you being beaten to the punch :)