- It's that time of the semester. I'm exhausted, but not particularly stressed. My students are like little balls of stress that I have to unwind each class, in each meeting that I have with them. It kind of works, but not really. They're just so overextended in these last two weeks.
- I revealed something to a kind-of-friend colleague that I'd prior to this point only revealed to BFF. This may have been a mistake, but I don't think I care. I'm all sassy now because of the book contract which could fall through at any minute.
- Coffee Guy and I will be going out again - this time to the movies. Apparently I have this whole New Approach to Dating, which really has very little in common with my personal preferences and inclinations, which drove my decisions until I was about 30. Part of this NAD has to do with not wanting CG to become my Instant Boyfriend, for, as it turns out, I think I don't actually want a boyfriend, even though I do. It's all very complicated. I suppose it's that while I want companionship, I don't really want a "boyfriend" unless that person really knocks my socks off. I'm not saying it's impossible for CG to do that, but to this point, well, I'm keeping my head about me rather than jumping into something head first that may/may not be a good idea. But so yeah - the movies. It's like I've returned to the 1950s. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned "dates" where you met up for drinks and then made out? That's what I'd like to know. (Although, again, the NAD means that I wouldn't do that with CG because I think he'd think I was his girlfriend, and we can't have that. Sheesh. It's all so complicated.)
- I made a really crappy pot of coffee this morning. Gross. I think I put too little coffee in when I set it up last night.
- Hmmm... what else? One of my students nominated me for some award (not even sure what the award is) so I've got to go to this banquet, which I think means that they're giving me this award. Don't even know what the award is, or what student did this. I'm kind of excited about it, though. It's a university-wide thing.
- Today is going to be The Longest Day of the Week. Committee meeting, student awards ceremony, meeting with other students, a LONG-overdue letter of rec to write, other long over-due tasks to complete, grading that I avoided last night.... I wish I wasn't such a colossal procrastinator.
- Apparently people still send things via post. As with the NAD, I've also entered a New Old-Fashioned Era of Correspondence, which, while supplemented by New-Fangled Things like email and telephone and IMing, also includes things like books and music and letters and whatnot criss-crossing the country, nay, the world. You know what I have to say about that? It is awesome. Love getting mail that isn't bills or junk mail or the occasional card. So I'm in a state of anticipation both about somebody getting something I sent and about receiving something somebody else claims to be sending. I hope the NOFEC continues, for it really does give me something to look forward to.
- Ok, I need to drag my ass into the shower. I've officially puttered around to the point that now I'm running late. Damn.
5 years ago