Wednesday, April 25, 2007

RBOC: Because As Much As I Hate the Bullet, It Allows Me to Keep You All Updated

  • I really hate that I'm falling back on the bullet on consecutive days. It's like I've lost all power to think structurally. I blame my students, for I have been spending all of that energy trying to help them to conceive of structures for their papers.
  • Speaking of students, nothing is worse than a student with rancid BO in one's windowless office - absolutely nothing. Ok, well, maybe I could imagine worse things, but that really has taken the cake recently.
  • Apparently I have decided to make dinner for Coffee Guy. I don't know why I think that this is a good idea at the end of the semester, but this is what he gets for making me decide what to do. I'm not going to do anything elaborate, but that doesn't mean that things won't require some work between now and Friday.
  • You may be wondering why I had this brilliant idea. Well, in part it's because he's been very "I'll pay for everything" on our dates, and while I do like and appreciate that, I don't want to be all "I'm using you to do stuff" lady. So this is a way for me to be certain that he does not pay for dinner, and I think that's nice of me. (Of course, depending on what we do after, he'll probably end up paying, but that is neither here nor there - it won't be like he pays for the bulk of the evening, which is my main issue.) Then there's the fact that I get to show off that I can make yummy food. That's always something I enjoy. And then, well, I don't know. I'd rather invite him over for a purpose than invite him in at the end of the date, and sooner or later I need to invite him in because he'll expect it and because the M-K deserves to have some input on my life. So yeah, now I've got to make some dude dinner. Must make a list of many things, not the least of which being things to buy at the grocery store.
  • Hmmm.... having lunch with a favorite student who may become a friend once she's graduated in a week.
  • I have no idea what to wear today.
  • I'm hungry, but my house has only the most stupid of foods. (See previous bullet about needing to make grocery list.)
  • Yes, I think that is all for this morning.

1 comment:

Hilaire said...

Hey, I am also having lunch mith a favourite student today, too...I am so excited that she is almost finished, because yes, may become a friend. This is a great thing!