- I know I've not really posted anything of any interest to anybody in what seems like weeks. Blame the end of the semester.
- You also might blame that I'm actually trying out the whole "discretion" thing, it being the better part of valour and all that. It doesn't really come naturally to me, so I suspect I'll be giving that up as soon as the semester is done.
- Well, except I have always been fairly discrete about the details of what's going on at work. I don't know - I suppose I'm a selectively discrete person. But lately I've been trying to be somewhat discrete about things that in a past incarnation I might have blabbed about without end.
- So, yeah, enough of that. What else? Allergies are a motherfucker.
- I'm really annoyed with a handful of students right now. I've come to learn that the only thing that students really do to annoy me is to expect me to spoon-feed them even the most obvious information. So, like, just for example, they will totally resist the peer review process, which they need and which they would benefit from, only to show up at my office to ask me to "proofread their paper" and "tell them how to fix it." You know, I want to be there for students, and I want to give them personal attention. But I do not want to wipe their asses for them, and that's what the above feels like. Grrrrr.
- I've considered the whole, "New Name for Coffee Guy" thing, and have realized that he is now and will forever be "Coffee Guy." It's the name he's had for lo these last three weeks or so, and so it is his name. I feel kind of bad - it might be the most boring pseudonym in the history of pseudonyms. I usually try for something with a bit more flare, more panache.
- So, this is it - the end. This is the week of celebrating retirements and the end-of-the-semester generally with events that eat away at one's schedule, it is the week of student evaluations and needing to finish writing finals, it is, really, the home stretch.
- Rather than accomplishing what I need to accomplish, I've been rereading a book that I do not need to read (while not reading a book I do need to read). What am I rereading, you ask? Julian Barnes' Talking It Over. It's such a fun book. Well, fun in a kind of dark way, I suppose, but fun nonetheless.
- I really just wish I were more motivated. I'm so not, right at the moment.
1 year ago