Saturday, April 07, 2007

Nerves Replaced with Exhaustion

Coffee with Coffee Guy was good. That said, having a long outing over Coffee with somebody really is exhausting (even with caffeine). This exhaustion led me to come home, order pizza (you'll be happy to know that it was an uneventful pizza-ordering), gorge myself on said pizza, and then watch The Lake House, which I love even as I know it's a ridiculous movie. Am about to watch Before Sunrise. I'm slightly concerned that these are the viewing choices I'm making this evening. Even as much as I've been all about forcing myself to have a life - a real life and not an imaginary life - over the past few weeks, I fear that the movie-viewing may reveal that this pragmatic and sensible approach is, well, not really reflective of the person I actually am.

6 comments:

Second Line said...

Did you happen to notice that the woman in Before Sunrise (I forget her name) is reading Bataille's Histoire de l'Oeil when Ethan Hawke meets her on the train? Oh yeah, good times!

Doctor Pion said...

Why not Whisper of the Heart, especially for a writer?! I also recommend "Totoro" (the Cat Bus ride at the end is an all time favorite), among others.

Margaret said...

What's that line by Whitman? "So I contradict myself? I contain multitudes!" You contain multitudes, Crazy. Embrace it.

(BTW, I totally snuck off to the movie theater one afternoon without the husband to watch The Lake House. Shh. Don't tell anyone.)

Sisyphus said...

Some of us need to recharge after having a life, even if it's good life-having. Remember that relaxing is just as important as socializing to balance out all the crazy work you do (she says from sprawled out on the couch).

nicky blue said...

Before Sunrise is one of my favourite films!!! It's a GREAT choice!!! :-D Hope you liked it and am feeling better.

"There's a wind that blows in from the north......"

saxifraga said...

I'm totally happy to hear I'm not the only one spending Easter laying about doing nothing. Take this from someone who had six days off for Easter and took two days to even muster up the energy to go to the local dvd rental place to get "the devil wears Prada" (not exactly heavy intellectual entertainment)