- Yesterday I watched the movie Elizabethtown, and I've decided that I think I hate Cameron Crowe. Oh, don't get me wrong - I love many a Cameron Crowe Movie, but when you look at his entire oeuvre, one recognizes that every. single. movie. features a character whom I will call "The Girl." You know her. She's a little quirky, a little neurotic, but she's got a heart of gold, is wise beyond her years, if a bit fucked up, and when you look at her face it's like she's an angel, and of course, the male lead thinks she's an angel, because her role is to be the vehicle for his self-discovery. The whole "woman-as-vehicle-for-confused-guy's-self-discovery" thing makes me want to vomit.
- I'm teaching a poem tomorrow that I've taught twice before but apparently the poem is not at home but in my office. This is annoying, as I really should glance over it.
- Grading looms and I am ignoring it.
- I also need to do other prep for tomorrow, and I don't want to do it either.
- I have lots to say about Limbo, but I'm nearly done and I want to wait until I'm totally done and then do a whole post on it.
- I'm giving a talk to a community group this week. I have not written this talk.
- Tomorrow I've got a hair appointment. I'm at a loss for what to do with the hair. On the one hand, the hair lately is pretty good, but it's BORING. On the other, the hair I'm considering to replace it... well, I'm not sure. But I don't want to be a boring hair person. Yes, it's time for a change. But then that means choosing from among the things with which I might replace it. Options: 1) just get side-swept bangs (this is the least adventurous option). 2) go very short in the back and then longer on the sides and in the front, in a kind of choppy bob sort of a thing but that's short in the back. 3) do a version of Linda Evangelista's hair in the 80s, not unlike option 2, only shorter. (I really do feel like really short hair is where we're heading. Tragically, I'm not entirely sure if it's where I should head.)
- I'm sorry I've been such a lame blogger of late. I've been so consumed with having a real social life that the blog suffers. I also might have a cold and/or allergies are acting up. I've been exhausted and a bit sniffly.
- Ok, off to go accomplish something. Today's been pretty lazy, and I really do have things I need to get done by tomorrow.
1 year ago