I. Money Out, Money In (Crossing Fingers)
Find Checks. Send Check re: final permission for book. Write application for reimbursement for book permissions that I've paid out of pocket. Go to Target and to Petsmart.
- Catch up on grading, including grading an exam for one class and grading various straggling things for the web course.
- Catch up on emails with students.
- Prep-related things for two classes.
- Finally force myself to request letters of recommendation. This cannot be put off any longer.
- Continue to work on materials. Consider whether to send materials and to update later if I get good news about anything, or whether to hold off on sending materials for a week or two in the hopes of getting good news.
- Update website which is woefully out of date.
- Cooking, cooking, cooking.
- Mail a couple of cards.
Perhaps more later: I've been thinking a lot about my reactions to the debate last night, about how the pundits spin things, about debates in general in this age of real-time media/analysis, etc. I may or may not have something to say about these things. I'm also kind of dying to write about one of my classes, but I can't figure out how to do it in this forum. So. The short version is I think I've got some posts brewing, but I'm not sure when or whether they'll ever be ready to be written.