Friday, October 24, 2008

It's a Rainy, Cold, Yucky Sort of Fall Day

Which means that I'll be making some butternut squash soup, taking to my bed with some Virginia Woolf, and maybe, if I'm motivated, some grading.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

Edited to add:
This may seem radical, but I would, were it legal, marry the soup that I just made. I made some adjustments so my version is not nearly as decadent as the recipe actually calls for (Operation Fitness and all), but even with those adjustments, it is.... otherworldly. More than I ever thought a soup could be. I think I shall settle in and watch some daytime television while I enjoy my otherworldly soup. It's that sort of a day.

5 comments:

Arbitrista said...

Same here, but at least you didn't have to go to the office today! (whine, self-pity, whine)

Dr. Crazy said...

I send some pity in your direction, Arbitrista :) It took me 5 years of indentured servitude to worm my way into this schedule.... and it really does rule :)

Sisyphus said...

Ooh, I am so jealous! Perhaps of the weather even more than of the lovely soup-and-novels day. We've been truckin' along in the solid 90s with nary a cloud in the sky since, oh, maybe May, and ever since my friend said "doesn't this hot weather make you think we're headed for an immediate global warming apocalypse?" I've been paranoid about our "endless summer."

Please ship us some rain and clouds our way, or at least to our water sources, ok?

Susan said...

Do you have a nice hit of sherry or whiskey in your butternut squash soup? I love squash soup :)

Bardiac said...

You can probably marry your soup in more enlightened countries.

I'm jealous, sitting here, grading (or procrastinating to avoid grading) while waiting for the many hours of late Friday afternoon meetings ahead.