Thanks to Lesboprof for the tag....
THE FAVORITE MEME. Fill in your favorite for each of the following:
1. Political show Hmm. This is a tough one. It used to be Meet the Press when Tim Russert hosted. Now... I don't know. I suppose I watch a fair amount of The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer and Countdown with Keith Olberman.
2. Picnic food German Potato Salad.
3. Mixed drink I'm boring. Bombay Sapphire and Tonic. Or, if I'm feeling kicky, Jack and Coke.
4. U.S. President Seriously? It's probably Bill Clinton. This is not to say that I think that he was the best president, but I find him entertaining.
5. Kind of student to teach Students who aren't afraid to take risks that might make them look silly or not work out but that are original and might turn out to be really, really interesting.
6. Hobby you do or wish you still did I've never been much of a hobby person. I suppose the hobby that I actually do is to cook. I certainly devote more time to cooking than is technically necessary....
7. Sports commentator Don't really have one.
8. Sport to watch on TV Baseball. Which is also my favorite sport to watch in person.
9. Animal to have as a pet See, now this is a trick question. You'd think I'd say cats, yes? And I do love my particular cats. But if my lifestyle were different, I think I'd really like a dog. And how could I compare a dog to the cats? They'd just be different. And some people's cats suck, and I wouldn't want a sucky cat rather than a cool dog. So I suppose my answer to this question is that my favorite animals to have as pets are the ones that are actually my pets.
10. Halloween costume you have worn I'm really not a halloween sort of person. Even as a kid I wasn't really into it, and my costumes weren't terribly interesting (witch, scarecrow, princess). As an adult? Yeah, I don't really do Halloween.
11. Kind of dessert apple pie with homemade crust, which I have made.
12. Comic strip In olden times I was a huge fan of Marmaduke. I don't think I've read a comic strip in like 10 years or something.
13. Style or make of footwear Um.... anything ridiculously on sale that's comfortable? I've been wearing flats very like these ones religiously for like 6 months.... I got them on sale for 20 bucks.
14. Ice cream flavor Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip.
15. College or university president No idea. Mine's quite nice, but whatever.
16. Internet news source I look at the NYT online.... (Man, I suck with all of the news questions! Hard to believe that I once thought I'd be a journalist when I grew up. Perhaps I'm just not terribly interested in news?)
17. Vacation spot It's a tie: Lebanon or Italy.
18. Wine I am in no way a wine afficianado, but I typically like a dry wine as opposed to a sweet one. Chardonnay gives me a headache, always.
19. Way to waste time instead of working Ahem, blogging. Also talking on the phone.
20. Student excuse for late work I'm not much on the excuses. In fact, I clearly state that I don't want to hear them. This may be because my favorite excuse is one that I myself made up when I was a sophomore in college. I said that I hadn't been in class for two weeks, and I hadn't submitted work, because I had mono. Apparently I looked like shit (I'd been blowing off the class because I was doing work for other classes and working, etc.), for the instructor asked whether I was really well enough to have returned to class, and allowed me to turn everything in for full credit.
21. Reality show Project Runway
22. Jewelry on a man Cuff links? Yes, I'm going to go with cuff links.
23. Pizza topping In addition to cheese, I love a pizza with artichoke hearts, olives, saussage, and carmelized onions. Sweet, salty deliciousness. But if I had to choose one topping, I'd say cheese. It's just not pizza without cheese.
24. Children's movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Or Elf. Or the old classics The Wizard of Oz or The Sound of Music.
25. Celebrity you wish would retire God, I don't know. Paris Hilton would be the easy choice, but it's almost too easy. Same with Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag (aka "Speidi"). Basically anybody who has become a celebrity just for being out on the town as a citizen of "young Hollywood."
I don't know who to tag (I'm supposed to tag 8 people), so consider yourselves tagged if you need to procrastinate. I know lots of you would like to do so :)
5 years ago