However, it's like everything in the whole world is coming together and all is right with the world with tasks I've been procrastinating about!
- I finally, for the first time in over a year, updated my professional website. Note: my professional website really does suck. It's nothing fancy at all. However, I did need to update it because it was filled with broken links and stupidly old syllabi, etc. All of that is now addressed, and while it still is very non-fancy, as websites go, it is no longer embarassing.
- I emailed the organizer of an annual conference that I've attended previously and wanted to attend this year, except with the tenure binder coming due, I blew the deadline for abstracts. It turns out I can still submit something! And that if I don't want to, I can chair a panel, and thus be on the program, and thus still get funding to go! (I was inspired to do this today because I got my info about how much I'd be funded for upcoming conferences this year.)
- I finally finished updating my cv for JWIBSNA.
- Because I did #3, I was able to email potential recommenders. I've made an executive decision to change up the recommenders for this go-around. I've decided to quit bugging the person who was the second-reader on my diss and with whom I've barely kept in contact; I made the bold move of requesting a letter from Fancy Mentor Whom I So Admire. Am debating about having Lovely Friend Mentor update the letter that she's got for me, though since only three recs are required, I don't really *need* a letter from her, since Fancy Mentor actually knows the broader scope of my research better than Lovely Friend Mentor does. Asked Awesome Colleague to update his letter, and AC has agreed, so that's set. The only person I've yet to hear from (sur-fucking-prise) is my diss director, though I'm sure he'll be amenable.... if bad about getting back to me about being amenable, which will mean I'll need to email him about four times over the next month to figure out what is up.
- And this weekend, I did what I think was the final set of revisions on the letter for JWIBSNA. So this means that I can send my shit off and be done with thinking about it (aside from the hounding of Diss Director).