Monday, October 01, 2007

Psst: Guess What?

Except for fixing (what seems like a) minor formatting glitch, and for dealing with the Table of Contents, I'm.... done.

Now, done does not mean done-done. I've still got the index ahead of me. And permissions. But yes, it's true. I worked for like 9 hours today - 7 of which in my office at school (with the odd interruption from a colleague giving me chocolate, because I looked like I needed it, and a brief chat with a student) - and apparently I am.... done.

And I am fucking exhausted.

And I haven't prepped for tomorrow.

And I haven't graded.

And I really need to pay my bills (though thankfully I did remember to pay rent).

And I seem to be losing my voice (although I have no idea why, as it's not like I've been talking much).

But I am.... done(ish).

I don't even know how to talk about it.

Time to enjoy a glass of wine, and to get ready to watch The Hills.

Update:
You might be interested to know that the formatting problem I described was totally silly and it took me approximately 15 mins. to fix. Everything is done! Done! And only one day after my internal deadline to be done! I'm really, really pleased with myself about this. Now it's time for me to have a much-needed night of relaxation (although I should grade, but look: I deserve a little break after yesterday's marathon). And thanks for the congrats, y'all. You know, I really feel like I should thank my blogging peeps in the acknowledgments, but that would surely out me, no? So I keep trying to come up with a euphemism for "blogging peeps" that sounds scholarly and serious.... and that doesn't actually mention "blogging." Any ideas?

18 comments:

AAYOR said...

Awesome.

History Geek said...

Woot!

Hilaire said...

The awesomeness of you!! Congrats! Your voice is going because you are getting sick, probebly. Get a good sleep, notwithstanding all the other things you have to do.

Nik said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. I imagine the wine tastes particularly sweet.

Arbitrista said...

That's not just awesome. It's double awesome! Triple even!!

litprof said...

Yay!!! Congrats!

phd me said...

That's fantastic! Congrats!

Sisyphus said...

Cheers! I raise a glass for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

gwoertendyke said...

salude! that is wonderful, take a long nap now...

jo(e) said...

Congratulations!

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Awesomeness! Congrats!! Yay for you!!!

(and thanks for having my back over at Dean Dad's...)

Kate said...

Wow Dr. Crazy! Congratulations!!!

Sisyphus said...

Hmm ... "distance learning"? "on-line writing group"? "colleagues at the Association for the Study of Digital Scholarship"? ... I'll keep thinking on it.

Chaser said...

YYAYAYAYAY!!!

CONGRATS!

Margaret said...

YAY FOR YOU!!!!!

Horace said...

rock. on.

BTW, did you do all the typesetting yourself? If so, that makes you double rockin!

Dr. Virago said...

Congratulations!!! Woo hoo!!!

How about: "Thanks to supportive friends and colleagues scattered across the country, who offered long-distance support and encouragement. You know who you are." That could be friends from grad school, after all.