Thursday, October 04, 2007

Slowly But Surely Recovering....

Well. Today I taught what I think were two pretty good classes, and I graded something that I'd totally forgotten I hadn't graded. I also paid bills. These are good things.

Now the marathon of grading really commences, as I just got another batch of papers in, and I really need to get caught up within the next week. Another thing I need to do is get my application stuff in order for the few jobs I'm going to throw my hat into the ring for. And then there is the house cleaning. All in all, I'm feeling much more relaxed now that the bills are paid and that the one miserable grading thing is done. Also I need to update my real life website, which really has fallen by the wayside this semester, which I don't like.

In other news, I added some new folks to the blogroll this morning - if you'd still like to be added and I somehow missed you, give me a shout in comments. And to all of you who delurked (and for those who took the opportunity to say hi, if you've been a regular commenter in the past but haven't commented in a while), hi there! And thanks for the compliments on the blog - they are very nice to hear! I actually think I've got a post brewing that will be entitled something like "Academic Blogging: The Next Generation," as one thing I noticed in particular about this particular delurking is that there really is a new crop of academic bloggers that's just started up, and people really have a lot of interesting things to say. On the one hand I don't feel like I've blogged for very long at all, but I suppose blogging years are a lot like dog years - One year in Blogworld is like Seven Real Life Human Years. With that being the case, that would mean I'm about 21 years old! I feel like that calls for shots or something....

7 comments:

Diana said...

Long time lurker here....I enjoy reading your blog, especially about the psychological aspects of grad school and academia. My blog (sporadically updated) is at:
theproletariatisamachine.blogspot.com

Maude said...

i would be honored to be blogrolled on your blogroll if you feel comfortable with that oh goddess of the blogworld. i need blogworld friends.

Kjerstin said...

I'm late to the delurking party, but on the other hand I've delurked gradually over time, and may have posted in the vicinity of 5 comments. I'm one of those people who love your blog despite no knowledge of your field of research, and if that's not proof that your writing is engaging, I don't know what is!

My blog is here. And for the record, I still hope that one day you'll allow comments from Wordpress bloggers :-)

heu mihi said...

21, eh? I'm drinking to your bloghealth right now. Cheers!

Dr. Bad Ass said...

Please please add me to your blogroll. I've posted a couple of times, I think -- so only a semi-lurker.

www.badassturtle.blogspot.com

Dr. Curmudgeon said...

I'd love to be added: http://thedoctorisnt.blogspot.com/

MommyProf said...

Me. mommyprof.blogspot.com

This is the time of the semester when I wonder why I bothered to assign all of this work, since I now have to grade it...