Friday, October 26, 2007

Provisionally Good News

So, I got an email this morning that has me feeling very, very un-bitchy! It's the sort of email I didn't even hope I'd get for another two weeks or so - the "more materials" request email. Now, we all know what this means: it means I made a cut. It doesn't mean I'll necessarily get beyond this phase, and I'm not in any way counting the chickens before they hatch, putting carts before horses, etc. But I'm so proud of myself! Like, irrationally, stupidly proud! (And yes, I know I'm being very silly, but I'd really convinced myself over the past few days that I wasn't even close to good enough for anything for which I'd applied, and I expected just to get immediately rejected by all. Again, I know I'm an idiot, but this is the way that the Mind of Crazy works.)

But so anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if there were celebratory drinks at Crazy Medusa's around 10 PM EST. I'll update later if indeed this is happening.

13 comments:

gwoertendyke said...

hooray for dr. c....that is great--please do let us know how brilliant you are as the market unfolds--aw

Dr. Curmudgeon said...

Congrats to you! That's great news. Always nice to make a cut.

helenesch said...

Yeah, great news! It's especially exciting if you weren't really counting on it...

I have some non-virtual drinking planned for this evening, but if I get home in time I may join you online!

Margaret said...

Awesome news, just wonderful! And my word veri? Is VORCAT. Which seems very appropriate for you.

Wol said...

Sweet!

Fifi Bluestocking said...

Yay! Go Crazy!

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh, hooray!

Dr. Crazy said...

Thanks, everybody! I always feel weird posting stuff like this because I feel like I'm fishing for congratulations or something, which I don't want to do, but then I thought after the Vortex of Negativity style posts I've been doing recently that it might be nice to post something not in that vein. But so thanks, and I'm really not trying to be a fisher for compliments :)

Dr. Crazy said...

Oh, and Maggiemay - I totally feel like Vorcat should be the name of an actual cat - it's vaguely like a super-hero cat name or something! Perhaps I shall make the Man-Kitty be Vorcat for halloween!

Hilaire said...

Congrats, Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Great news. When will you tell us in the department you're leaving so we can hastily hire someone to do what you used to?

Dr. Crazy said...

My department administrators are aware that I am looking, and I will keep them updated on the progress of my search, should there be progress. If I do not get an offer, I won't be leaving, so it would be a bit premature to make any announcements about leaving until I had another job. Thanks so much for your concern, Webmaster!

Anonymous said...

Well, we'll keep our fingers crossed, because there's nothing more exciting than having a junior faculty member on board who wasn't able to find her way out 2 consecutive years.

Imagine our delight in imagining you might deign to stay here in Pudknocker town another year or two!

We will certainly forget your casting around for a better gig when tenure and promotion loom.

Do you need any extra letterhead? There is some in the supply closet.