Sunday, August 03, 2008

What Even to Write

Indeed, I shall have a person coming into the Lair of Crazy and the Kitties in less than 24-hours time. Indeed, it shall be in less than 8-hours time, if my calculations are correct, and if nothing goes awry.

I have accomplished a few things since last I posted, BUT there are still some (many) things I absolutely must do before the ill-fated time at which the Interloper arrives. Indeed, it is the Man-Kitty's nemesis who is coming to stay for an as yet unclear length of time (2 days? 3? more? less? Unclear), and given my recent travels, well, let's just say I'm feeling a bit discombobulated although very excited to see the Interloper. I absolutely must, in the next few hours....
  • Shower. After the long drive of the morning, the unloading of the car, etc., I am disgusting. I also have a fantasy about giving myself a mani/pedi, and instead of showering taking a bath, though given the state of things, this may not be possible.
  • Clean out my disgusting refrigerator.
  • Make a grocery list.
  • Go to the grocery store. Also get some wine, which is probably a bad idea as it means I'll drink wine before the Interloper's arrival, and may be a bit loopy by the time he arrives, although this would be fun for me and possibly for him as well.
  • Wipe down the dining room table.
  • Put away the dishes in the dishwasher.
  • Change sheets.
  • Eat something.
  • Clean toilet.
In theory I should also:
  • Clean the shower.
  • Clean the bathroom counter.
  • Vacuum.
  • Change the lightbulb in the kitchen that just went out (irritating)
  • Dust the ceiling fan in the dining room.
  • Who knows what else.
I suspect that none of the theoretical list will be accomplished. Whatever. I am a slovenly housekeeper, and I have just returned from weeks of travel. Deal.

I should probably write something more about this impending visit, but I don't know how to process it into a blog post. Whatever. I'm excited. Really and truly. Though also tired. Perhaps there is time for a nap. (This is a VERY bad idea, until I get more things done).

1 comment:

Sisyphus said...

I want some sandwishes too!

Glad you're back, and we expect a full update of everything as soon as you have some time. And keep us posted on the Interloper as well, eh?

And I hate having to clean and unpack things when tired and grumpy. Perhaps the housework gnomes will do it for you.