Friday, August 15, 2008

An Absolutely Perfect 34th Birthday

And I didn't do a damned thing.

That's right. No big celebration, no drinks or dinners out or anything like that.

I had cake for breakfast, ice cream for lunch, napped with the kitties during a blissful few hours, and made enchiladas for dinner.

There was some glorious flipping back and forth between an ANTM marathon and What Not to Wear, and then, most awesomely, I watched what might be the worst Lifetime Movie Ever (but apparently one from which I cannot look away), the classic "I Me Wed." Oh, and I took a restorative bath with some lovely lavender bath oil, read my Elle magazine in the tub, did a face mask and finally used this Frederic Fekkai hair mask sample that I'd been saving for months, and I talked to my best friend from high school on the phone. I did no work, and I had a day that was all about relaxing and doing whatever I wanted (which turned out to be vegging mostly, but still, it was joyous).

I started my new journal, made some plans for it and for what I'd like to do moving forward with it and with myself, and yep, that's pretty much it.

And so now I'm having a glass of delicious pomegranate and cherry immunity defense crystal light, and typing this blog post, and then I think I shall go to bed and read for a bit and then blissfully fall asleep.

And you know what? I wouldn't change a single thing about this day and night. It was exactly how I wanted to spend the day. Exactly.

10 comments:

Brian W. Ogilvie said...

34th? Now I feel old....

Happy birthday!

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Happy Birthday!!! So glad you enjoyed your day!

Seeking Solace said...

So glad you had a great birthday!

Maude said...

that does sound like a perfect birthday! happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Dr. Virago said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was so good and relaxing!

heu mihi said...

Happy birthday! Hooray!

Bardiac said...

Happy Birthday!

(That flavor of CD is quickly becoming my favorite. Glad to share sometime!)

comebacknikki said...

Glad to hear you had such a great day! Happy b-day!

Scrivener said...

Happy birthday!

Hilaire said...

I'm late because I was away for 2 days, but -- Happy Birthday!! It sounds like a wonderful day.