Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ok, So the Metaphor of FB Yesterday WAS Disgusting...

And yet, I thought of him today when I sprouted (is that the right word?) the rare zit on my chin. Perhaps the emotional angst goes hand in hand with the maladies of the skin? And if so, perhaps as disgusting as his mind is in conceiving of metaphors for my emotional state, he may not be utterly foolish?

There is nothing worse than a blemish on the chin. Unless it is a blemish on the nose. There but for the grace of god go I.

4 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Of course, the blemish just _inside_ the nose is the worst one of all.

Don't tell me you haven't had one.

Tara Kuther said...

Sisyphus is right: It is the worst.

I find that my inner workings - emotions, stress, etc. - show up in my skin. When I'm at my worst, my face becomes a red blotchy, itchy, scaly mess. At those times I long for a zit.

Terri said...

yes, the inside nose zit is almost unspeakably horrific, although the chin zit is problematic in that it threatens to alter the normal profile of the face.

bare minerals covers all.

Artichoke Heart said...

I always freak out and obsess about whether or not I have nostril cancer whenever I have an inside-the-nose zit. And yes, all seems to coincide with emotional and/or professional duress.