Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Dinner

I'm not sure what inspired me, but I've actually made something real for dinner today - something that will be excellent leftover fodder for the week: meatloaf. I use the recipe in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, and it is divine. It cooks in the oven as we speak. And I made a lovely cucumber and onion salad. I'm currently considering what I shall make for a side vegetable. Ah, cooking is so relaxing and fun.

Tomorrow the semester begins. I plan to be in the office by 8:30 and to stay there until the online course is totally up and running. At least I'll have something yummy to take with me for lunch.

1 comment:

Jason B. Jones said...

At this point, I'd buy Bittman on How to Cook Human Flesh. His instructions are clear enough, and the recipes fault-tolerant enough, that a significant portion of our meals, including the meatloaf (which is awesome, though I won't bake anything when it's 85 out) come from How To Cook Everything.