In other news, what? I think I shall do a list.
- I think that the wee Mr. Stripey may have an intestinal parasite. He will need to go to the vet today. I will say, he doesn't seem to be any the worse for wear, but his butt looks funny, and I say better to be safe than sorry. Now, I could take him to the vet by school, which is linked to the adoption program through which he was fostered and where his treatment would be free, but you know what? I'm taking him to my vet. As much as my vet is an asshole (and really, he totally is: BFF has confirmed it), he has kept my little Man-Kitty healthy and happy, and I do, weirdly, trust the guy. Yeah, I think it's time for him to meet Mr. Stripey.
- Today is the last day of my summer teaching!!!!
- I got my stats from my spring course evaluations last week. They are the best evaluations I've ever received in the course of my entire teaching career. Like, on a scale of 1-5 I actually got 5's on a few questions. And lots of 4.9s and 4.8s. What is responsible for this statistical windfall? I shall speculate: 1) I was only teaching two classes, and yes, I had lots of responsibilities to fill in for the other two courses in my load, but still, two classes is two classes; 2) Both of those classes were ones I was very excited to teach; 3) The class dynamic in both sections was awesome; 3) The stars aligned; 4) I've finally become The Most Excellent Teacher in the Land; 5) Sometimes good things happen to good people, and those things happen when a person who is totally burnt out on teaching comp doesn't have to teach it anymore. In other words, who the fuck knows. But I'm very excited about this.
- One reason I'm excited about this is that it does seem to confirm my snarkily conceived "goal" for the 2009 year to teach more diverse texts because in classes where I teach those texts my evaluation numbers are consistently higher. This goal was snarkily conceived partly because of my lasting hatred of our evaluation forms, and because it was a politic way of noting to my chair that indeed, some of our students are sexist. Who knew.
- You know, the state of Mr. Stripey's butt makes me wonder if I'd ever notice something similar with the Man-Kitty. He's just so furry, and he does not display it by walking around with his tail raised. Who the hell knows what goes on with his butt. I suppose he likes to keep it private, and if something were wrong he'd let me know.
- I'm beginning to get very excited about the Lebanon trip. I'm also excited that A. is coming for our belated Vagina Power Weekend over the 4th. And I'm very excited that the front and the back ends of my trip to Lebanon will be spent visiting in hometown, which means I'll be there both for A.'s birthday and her boyfriend's birthday.
- I am sad because I will be out of town when BFF moves away. And when I come back there will be no BFF. It's going to be a year of change, with that being the case. I'm hoping it's good change. If not, that will certainly suck.
- Now that school is done, it's time to a) totally clean my house, which I've still not done, b) get back on the fitness bandwagon, c) prepare for my travels, and d) relax. Ah, relaxation. Well, once I've got my grades finished. This should be done by tomorrow.
Once I woke them up by taking the first picture, they then proceeded to keep their positions for some pre-bed bathing.
Yes, my cats take naps before bed. Going to bed really takes a lot of energy, you know.