Monday, June 09, 2008

Boring Monday RBOC

  • Ok, so I know that I said I'd post pics of a wee Man-Kitty. Problematically, the catalog of those are on my old computer. BUT, I remembered at I'd posted kitten pictures at the old blog! And so here we are, first in his wee babyhood, and then one of him yawning and yet looking feral, and then in his adolescence :)







  • Ok, now with that out of the way, I can move on to other topics. First and foremost, preparations for Mr. Stripey continue, and I will, as soon as this post is finished, begin with throwing in a load of laundry, a quick trip to the bank, and getting some Mr. Stripey accessories out of the car and into the house.
  • Once that errand-running and stuff is done, I shall continue with laundry, and then I really need to do some work-related stuff, and then I hope I'll have time to do some more cleaning stuff, and then I'll go into the office. I know, my life is so exciting.
  • Except of course that it actually is exciting. I've heard from my production editor and it looks like the book shall be out in October. Cross your fingers, etc., that the production editor is not mistaken about the book actually being ready to be in production. At this point, I'm highly suspicious of any such thing as "completion."
  • This could be because I feel as if I've not completed very much in the last month or so. Sure, I've gotten a few things done, but I really think I overestimated what I could accomplish while doing the summer teaching gig. I don't think I actually feel too bad about what I've not managed to finish, but I don't know - it would just be nice for teaching to be over with.
  • Which then brings me to thoughts about whether I shall teach in the summer again. I think the answer tragically has to be yes, if I want a down-payment for a house once my credit card debt is gone. I anticipate having to do this for two years. This will blow mightily. But I also think that barring any other major purchase desires on my part, I will never do summer teaching again once I've finished with that goal. I need the time to rejuvenate myself, and well, teaching is not conducive to that. I know, I know - cry me a river, people on full-year contracts, or in regular jobs, or adjuncting don't have that luxury. But since I technically do, I do feel as if I should take advantage of it.
  • In other news, my hair appears to be long enough to put into a pathetic bun! This is very exciting, though I'm not sure why. In theory I'm at the point where I could make a hair appointment for a trim, but I think I may wait a couple more weeks, thus getting a haircut closer to when the Lebanon trip happens. One thing that is definitely cool about the Hair Growing Project is that I don't need to get the hair cut as often. And that I can put it up when it's so wicked hot outside.
  • I have more to say about this location and the making of friends, but that will have to wait for another post.
  • God, I really don't want to do the work that I have to do. Not at all.

2 comments:

life_of_a_fool said...

There are few things that I find more adorable than yawning cats. And yawning baby-cats are even more adorable!

Fifi Bluestocking said...

The Man Kitty was just as glorious as a wee kitten. Awesome!