Tuesday, February 21, 2006

High Time for a Post about Professing, I Know

I have a bunch of posts in mind that I want to write. Or maybe it's just one long post that deals with all of the issues that I'm thinking about? Somehow, though, of late, I've been consumed with things non-academic. Part of it is that I really don't want to think about the job constantly. Part of it is that it's that time of the semester, and between the absenteeism and the excuses and the freak-outs and all the other things with my students I just don't want to think about them any more than I have to. Part of it is that I am industriously procrastinating about research by doing things like cleaning my oven (and no, I'm not kidding about that). Part of it is that the Olympics have messed with my sleep schedule and so I've kind of been on automatic pilot since they began. But enough with the excuses. The bottom line is, I know I need to write a real post soon, but after taking about an hour this afternoon to try to write one, I just don't have it in me. I think I'm using all of my blogging mojo on my efforts with boys. At any rate, I promise there will be a real post soon. I've got things to say. The problem is, I'm just not in the mood to say them.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I second academic brat - all your posts are sharp and funny, academy-related or non. (I'm new too, and happily working my way through the archives.)