Sunday, January 14, 2007

Productivity Is in the Eye of the Beholder

Ok, so last night I did finish the Great Closet Excavation, and I did go to the grocery store today, and I did make a big pot of chili, but many other items on my to-do list remain un-checked-off. The problems, as I see them, are the following:

1) I know that a great many of these items didn't really need to be completed, which is never a recipe for actually completing items on the to-do list.
2) Given the fact that I've got a 3-day weekend, I've overestimated the amount that can reasonably be accomplished in that extra day.
3) It's been very bleak weather. I haven't seen the sun in days.
4) I've been angst-y about a number of things, all of which are beyond my control.
5) I had to go shopping!

So let me tell you about my shopping trip. Now, I hadn't originally intended to go shopping today. I was going to go during the week. But then with the horrible dementor-breeding-weather, which won't let up for at least a few days, I thought I didn't really feel like major highway driving to one of the larger mall-like establishments to which I'd have needed to drive. So then I thought, hey! I can go to Department Store Downtown, but if I'm going to do that, then I really should do it today as I can park for free. So off I went.

Items purchased:
Classic black pant-suit $70
A little less classic black-with-some-detailing suit with skirt but I can wear the jacket with pants from #1 suit $69
A pair of excellent black Naturalizer loafers $50

All in all, I think I was quite the bargain-hunter, and I am very, very pleased with my purchases. And, just fyi to readers, if you think you might like a new suit or two, now is definitely the time to go - many great suits on sale! For very cheap! At a Department Store near you!

But now I'm feeling a bit like I probably should have tackled at least one or two items on the to-do list. Ah well, tomorrow is another day, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the bargin hunt. I so need to suit shop since I am going to be interviewing soon (I hope!)

Anonymous said...

oooh! I do need a suit. I think I'll do the suit shopping this week...