Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Ok, so you'd think, what with my new attention to eating healthily and with re-incorporating exercise and stuff that I'd be feeling great. And that was true for like 2 weeks in January. But other than that, I've been bogged down with the dumbest head cold in the whole world, compounded by stupid weather-related fluctuations that are making my sinuses revolt in my head. Grrr.

And so between that and the attempt to do the 4000 things that I've got on my plate this semester, I've felt like I'm scrambling whenever I've got enough energy to do anything, and other than that I feel like all I have the energy to do is to sleep. I know, poor me, blah blah blah.

But so today I've got to be on campus from 10 AM until 7:30, in a day that is filled with meetings, primarily. I got the first papers to be graded in yesterday, and tomorrow I'm starting Difficult Novel in my one class, which does not please me, even though it seemed like such an excellent idea to put it on the syllabus once upon a time.

Whine, whine, whine.

I was trying to think of something to report that did not include whining, but tragically, my only register today is whining.

5 comments:

Robert said...

Whining works to distract. Your switch to a healthier daily life is long-term and does not have uniformly progressive effects. (But you know this)

I applaud that you are willing to make this change especially when not faced with catastrophic illness.

Remember: "Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before." (author unknown)

-- arkaye
erasablegames.com

Brigindo said...

i'm right there with you. there's a vicious "crud" disease going around the office and my boy keeps bringing home all kinds of nasty bugs from his work environment (restaurant life - too much greeting strangers, too much handling money). so i'm sick yet again with no time to sleep it off.

whining is the only thing that feels good right now.

Karen Stollznow said...

Hi Dr Crazy!

I've just linked your blog from my new blog. I'm hoping you might enjoy my stuff and reciprocate by adding me to your blogroll. :)

Please check it out sometime:

http://skepbitch.wordpress.com/


All the best,


Karen.

Dean Dad said...

Fwiw,when "Behind the Music" was in its glory, I liked to imagine a Behind the Music drinking game in which you do a shot every time someone uses the phrase "sick and tired of being sick and tired."

The Aerosmith episode alone would have caused alcohol poisoning.

jo(e) said...

Eh, February is like that.