Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Only Wednesday?

You'd think I'd not be complaining about that, what with my sweet schedule and all, but as this Wednesday, which promises to be a long one, stretches before me, I'm wishing it were already Thursday. On the agenda for today:

  1. Advising appointment with student.
  2. Expand lecture notes created yesterday for tomorrow.... indeed, I need to lecture because we're now behind, and in order to catch up, I've got to take the bull by the horns and get us caught up. Discussion is great for many things, but it is not great for catching up a class that is behind.
  3. Prep for my other class, including some lecture (I know, what's with the lecturing? But this class meets but once a week and if I don't lecture some they flag) as well as activity, discussion questions, etc.
  4. Grade worksheets.
  5. Mail permissions-related correspondence, as well as complete one of the documents that must be mailed.
  6. Research for article, and complete all necessary ILL requests.
  7. Correspondence with my two independent study students.
  8. Correspondence with my thesis advisee (for indeed, according to my calculations I should be getting some version of a draft today.
  9. Faculty meeting.
  10. Teach.
And the sick thing is that there are other things I could do in addition to these - this is just the bare minimum of what probably *must* happen today (though in theory I could blow off #s 2 and 6). So if you're wondering why I am not blogging in ways that are substantive, or even interesting, well, there you are.

In other news, you know how I had the whole financial resolution for 2008? Turns out that I can get some cash for developing that online course - fairly substantial cash, though obviously less after taxes. It's kind of amazing to me how opportunities for money keep appearing now that I've finally resolved to get myself out of the credit card debt. It's like a miracle of some kind.

So I suppose that's all for now. Now I must go pack lunch and dinner (ridiculous) and pack my schoolbag and get out of here.

No comments: