- Book manuscript crap. All of the boring editing and formatting and irritating crap that takes tons of time and yet isn't really rewarding.
- Grading. Mountains of grading.
- Having many, many phone conversations about topics ranging from boys to publication to job market woes to the fact that my mom thinks my cousin's baby is stupid (he just turned one, but apparently the bulb of his intellect, it does not shine brightly, and yes, my mother is the sort of person to note a baby's stupidity), and other things too intriguing to publicize on a blog.
- Beginning work on the MLA paper.
- Thinking about the (I hope final) revision I've got to do on that collection essay.
- Ruminating about what the hell my future will hold shall the job market be a bust.
1 year ago