Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Slow Start toward What Promises to Be a Long Day

I'm feeling a bit.... ok, the only word I can think of is "itchy" - but I don't mean that in a "I have a horrible rash" sort of way, but rather in an I'm itching for the semester to be over, the book to be done, my MLA paper to be magically written (which would be more likely if I'd even thought about beginning an outline for the thing), etc. etc. I've got a mountain of grading that likely won't shrink, for today I've made a solid commitment to try to finish with the book stuff so that I can get it into the mail. I have to get this done because not having it done is making me crazy.

The problem is, however, the timing. I've got just two weeks left, and so there's all of this pressure to do things in my classes and for my classes (though there is a bit of a respite in that next week and the week after do promise to be fairly light), and then also I'm putting some pressure on myself about other things... attempting to make holiday plans (some of which I am very stoked about and some of which I'm.... well, obligated to squeeze in) for example.

But so yes. This morning I slept in a bit, spent some time reading blogs, and only now shall I get in the shower and make my way to the office. I have a dream that I will also make it to the gym today (for I have realized that the book has made me chubby, and I'm finally ready to do something about it) and maybe will grade at least a few papers. This is the dream, at any rate.

So wish me luck, people. The sooner I get past this stuff, the sooner I can post things that aren't idiotic and boring.

No comments: