Wednesday, November 21, 2007

See? I Told You I'd Be Posting over the Next Couple of Days....

This shall be a bulleted post, as I don't have it in me to do otherwise.

  • Ok, so the MLA Blogger Meet-Up currently has like 16 interested peeps. This is awesome. If you're interested in joining in on the fun but have yet to drop me an email, do so.
  • In fun MLA Blogger Meet-Up news, a person who dropped me an email turns out to be somebody with whom I went to grad school! How crazy is that? It's a small, small world.
  • I just finished a first draft of the book acknowledgments. I think they're pretty much done - though I suppose I might change a word or two - but I did find a way (thanks, Dr. Virago, who offered a suggestion, lo, many moons ago, for how to do so) to address the blogging peeps who've meant so much to me throughout this process. Indeed, the line is this: "I would like to convey my thanks to supportive friends scattered across the country, who offered long-distance care and encouragement when it was most needed."
  • In other news, I've spent most of the day house-cleaning, though I anticipate that I shall work a bit on the book as the night progresses. I'm trying to decide whether to make a pie tonight or whether to do so in the morning. Hmmm.
  • Is it wrong that I love Thanksgiving so much? It really is the best possible holiday.
  • Yes, I think that's all for now. I should probably eat something and do some work on the book. Or bake a pie. Or something.

4 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Mmmm .... pie! Happy t-giving!

Dr. Virago said...

thanks, Dr. Virago, who offered a suggestion, lo, many moons ago, for how to do so

Wow, I'm so wise that I give advice I don't even remember giving! :) So, is there going to be a sub-acknowledgments acknowledging my help with the acknowledgments? Te-hee!

Seriously, can't wait for the MLA meet-up!

Dr. Curmudgeon said...

I say bake the pie. And if you've already baked one, bake another 'cause there's always room for more pie.

Or you could send it my way.

Dr. Crazy said...

Dr. Curmudgeon, clearly you don't understand that if a person wants lovely homemade Dr. Crazy apple pie then the person really has to come and get it :)