And then I realized that in spite of my plan "not to do" Thanksgiving that somehow I ended up buying all of the fixings for a full Thanksgiving spread (minus the turkey, because even I'm not fool enough to make a turkey for one - I'd planned to roast a chicken instead). Apparently, Thanksgiving is a holiday I do, whatever my intentions, sort of like how my mom does Christmas. So I was feeling vaguely silly this morning, as I realized what I was doing, but apparently, much like the field of dreams, if you build it they will come, for BFF's Thanksgiving Plans fell through when her cat Flo got a tummy-ache yesterday, and so now it will be the Thanksgiving of BFF and Crazy! Hurrah!
But so that is the first thing that I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Eve. What else does Crazy feel thankful for?
- I am thankful that my book is almost done. I've been making a major push, and I expect to mail the thing off on Monday.
- I am thankful that I'm finally giving my house a good cleaning, something only possible because I'm "not doing" Thanksgiving for real. I know, this seems counterintuitive given the above, but there you are.
- I am thankful that my mom and stepdad were so great about us not doing Thanksgiving together this year, and I'm thankful that they're just so generally great (even if they do annoy me when we're in the same place).
- I am thankful for my crew of awesome friends, and I'm most especially thankful that I'll get to spend some qual. time with A. on Friday.
- I am thankful for the great students that I have this semester. I really lucked out with the makeup of my classes, and I feel spoiled by how engaged and interested so many of them are.
- I am thankful for my sweet Man-Kitty, as anybody would be, really, if they had the pleasure of his company.