Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ready for the Mail?

I think it's done. The Book Proposal. The sample chapters I'll send along with it. We'll see whether I'm ready tomorrow.

Thank god my comp students are doing peer review tomorrow, because even with the nap, I should have gone to bed an hour ago. And now I'm too wired to sleep immediately.

How does one know when something is ready?

The only thing that makes me feel better is that if it gets rejected there are certainly other places to send it. (And I'm sending it off first to places far out of reach, so there are places that might actually be within reach later on.)

But wouldn't it be awesome if an awesome place were interested?

5 comments:

Flavia said...

If you think it's ready, it's ready. (And even if it WERE to be rejected at the first place or two, it sounds like a serious, substantial project that's likely to go out to readers--so at the very least, you should get some worthwhile feedback.)

Congratulations!

MommyProf said...

Kudos! I'm sure you are feeling great.

Hilaire said...

Major congratulations!

Dr. Crazy said...

Thanks, everybody! Well, I sent it off - worst thing that happens is it gets rejected, which I'm expecting anyway :) And this will motivate me to do some of the revisions that I know need to be done to the manuscript within the next six weeks, just on the off chance that somebody IS in fact interested. We shall see....

(But I am SO tired tonight, that I'm just going to rest on my laurels :) )

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Go, Crazy, go! Excellent!