Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh, the Drama - But Crazy's Gone Shopping!

Ok, so I've actually been really busy aside from all of the drama related to blogworld. I'm quite something, if I do say so myself. But what's really important is that I've done some REALLY good shopping over the past couple of days. Oh, Macy's One-Day-Sale, how I love thee.

I bought....

4 bras (each costing under 10 bucks - and they normally would have been $32 each)
1 skirt that can be worn with my black suit jacket (under 30 bucks, normally 78 dollars)
1 skirt that can be worn with my brown suit jacket (under 30 bucks, normally $98)
1 long jean skirt ($13, normally $44)

I'd probably have found even more excellent things to buy, but as I had to do all of this shopping in just 1 hour (I had to go to a faculty meeting), I think I did very well indeed.

Oh, and yesterday I bought a pair of black pants and a pair of running shoes, the two together costing only 80 bucks. Because I am a bargain-hunter!

But so I've got a question, oh blogosphere: what's the rule on closed-toe sling-backs? Are those for spring/summer only? year-round? (I ask because I really love my sling-back pumps, but I never know when to wear them.)

13 comments:

New Kid on the Hallway said...

I say closed-toe slingbacks are year-round wear. Of course, that's partly b/c I now live somewhere that never gets what I consider cold!

Tiruncula said...

If I lived somewhere where I could afford exposed heels year round, I'd definitely do it. I have two pair of closed-toe slingbacks that are my favorites.

Seeking Solace said...

Absolutely year round. I like to think of them as winter sandles!!!

kenandbelly said...

Closed-toe are fine for winter if they're made out of appropriately winter material, or at least not straw or white canvas (a la espedrilles). I've even seen some open toe slingbacks that are obviously for winter outfits. But they kinda scare me.

Dr. Crazy said...

Ok, but then a further question: what about pantyhose/tights with the slingbacks? I was talking on the phone with a friend from grad school and she says they are a no-no. I think that nude hose can be fine. What say you all?

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Oh, I'd totally do hose with the slingbacks - nude, or the same tone as the shoes (you know, black with black). I do hose with mules a lot. Not thick tights, but hose would work.

Unless, of course, I'm just a fashion "don't" and don't know it!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

hose, tights or dressy socks are fine... and, as long as you won't get slush inside them when you go outside, wear them!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

hose, tights or dressy socks are fine... and, as long as you won't get slush inside them when you go outside, wear them!

MommyProf said...

Slingbacks are fine year round where I am, and my legs are too gross and blotchy (thanks pregnancy!) to go without hose. I'm with New Kid about matching the color to the shoes, though.

I LOVE a great sale like that, you lucky girl!

kenandbelly said...

Eh, I suppose hose. Though I avoid hose at all costs. If anything, I wear pants and trouser socks with backless shoes in winter and mostly tall boots with a skirt or dress.

Anonymous said...

Hose or no hose, it's all good, as long as you haven't had a blizzard and the sidewalks are decently plowed, you're good to go, IMHO. Just make sure to moisturise your feet, especially the heels. The cold air does a number on them, and not only will this cause a run (or five) in your hose, it's not attractive to lacerate your bed partner when you seductively run your leg up his/hers/its (this from the Queen who wears slides and clogs all winter long, and has the fucked up heels to prove it).

Vichy has a new line for feet, but I have only seen it for sale in Canda :-(

Anonymous said...

Er, apparently Canda is a suburb of Regina in CANADA :-P What can I say? I'm exhausted and it's late and I'm chain smoking and I'm listening to Everything But The Girl and catching up on my blogging. Sue me.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the slingbacks are fine and in the winter I always wear knee high hose with mine. I have several pairs of slingbacks/pumps that I wear frequently, and I've seen lots of others do it, so I don't think its a great fashion faux pas. All of mine are suede or leather, so they are of the appropriate material. Although, your feet will become icicles if you do this in cold weather...trust me, it sucks.