Monday, November 27, 2006

Inspired by Bridget Jones?

No, I didn't engage in any filthy messaging with anybody at work. Nor did I slide down the pole at a fire station on television. I did, however, make turkey curry, with the leftovers of the Thanksgiving turkey. Delicious!

(The fact that I did this is the signal that I ate 20 lbs. of stuffing and all other side-dishes in the house. It's back on the "I eat in a healthy way with things like vegetables and brown rice" plan. Sigh. I wish I had more stuffing.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog while I was routinely "blog-surfing." We share some of the same thought-waves, it seems. Bridget Jones is something I pop into the DVD player every time I'm down, and it brings a smile to my face without fail. I also scribble in my journals like a maniac -- it's my cheap therapist after frustrations, self-doubts, hard days with students, or just because I'm happy or down for no apparent reason.

diber said...

Oooh. i made turkey tacos. Rather inspired, i felt.

k8 said...

I like turning the leftover turkey meat and carcass into soup or turkey stock. It freezes well, so I don't need to eat it right away. And I really love soup.

I tell myself that the corn in the cornbread stuffing is whole grain and, since it contains fruit, must surely be healthy. Just probably not in the quantities I prefer. I don't have a jutification for the homemade gravy I really want to smother it with, so I decided that this year I would top it with my cranberry sauce. That's more fruit, right....

helenesch said...

Turkey curry--that sounds yummy!