Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dumbest. Song. Ever.

I'm sure you've heard this song. Probably when you heard it, if you're anything like me, you felt like it reminded you of Nickelback (which I am pretty sure might be one of the crappiest bands ever) even though actually the band doesn't sound anything like them really. But yet, the band is sucky in exactly that Nickelback way. What song is it, you ask? "Lips of an Angel," by the band Hinder.

Wow. They really suck.

Oh, the song isn't immediately coming to mind? Let me sing a few bars for you...

" Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you..."

***

"I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud." That's poetry, that is.

In other pop music news, I had a dream right before I woke up about the Man-Kitty, and I was holding him, but then the next thing I knew he was a little miniature Prince that I was holding upside down. Unaccountably, this was not at all disturbing. Then, the next thing I knew, I was talking to Johnny Depp who was playing Prince in a biopic, and Scarlett Johannson was starring as Apollonia. Only it was 1998. Once we flipped to that part of the dream, I was holding the Man-Kitty again.

I'm actually kind of pissed off that I remember this dream, as the night before last I had some sort of really important dream in which I had some Grand Insight into Something, and knew I had to remember it, and as soon as I woke up - poof! - it was gone, just like all those times when I was writing my dissertation and I would dream about it and have grand insights into it in my sleep and yet never remember them. How frustrating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard a song on the radio with the lyric "Hate is a strong word...but I really really really don't like you."

mmmm yah. now that really is poetry.

kfluff said...

You know, Scarlett Johannson would make a pretty good Apollonia. But who would your dream cast as Morris Day, I wonder?

AAYOR said...

Gah! How did I miss this post? I was TOTALLY going to blog about this song last week. Not only is it amazingly stupid, the song just pisses me off. I flipping hate it almost as much as I hate Nickelsuck. We are definitely cut from the same musical cloth....