Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hello! I'm Still Alive! (RBOC)

  • Awesome: "Don't Stop Believing" just came on my direct TV 80s music channel. I love Journey. Seriously. Suck it.
  • Ooh, and even cooler: "Fire and Ice" by Pat Benatar. I HEART Pat Benatar.
  • A last word on the spousal hire thing: I'm done with talking about it. Why? Because the whole thing made me feel like I wanted to take a sabbatical from blogging, which I don't actually want to do. And also because the whole spousal hiring thing was NEVER my point. If you thought it was, you don't know how to read. And yes, that's a bitchy thing to say, but that's exactly what I think.
  • In other news, I'm totally moved out of the Shitbox Apartment, which I called home for 7 years. The keys are returned, much stuff is donated, and the stuff I want is in my house (or, well, mostly - there's a bunch of shit in my car that I just don't have the energy for right now).
  • In addition, I got a delivery of My Awesome New Bed Which Feels Like a Cloud To Sleep On, as well as my awesome desk for the living room, and a chest of drawers, yesterday. All of this made me realize that my new house is for real and for true like twice the size of my stupid apartment, in spite of the fact that it is technically the same number of rooms. I LOVE my HOUSE!
  • You know who else loves my house? Man-Kitty and Mr. Stripey. Pictures (of both the house, and of the kittehs in the house) will be forthcoming.

7 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Regarding points 1 & 2: Shall we just call it a day and meet up at the roller rink?

Kris Peleg said...

YEA! but seriously waiting for pictures...

Belle said...

Yay for the cats! They're now fully in-house and like you, cannot believe how much cooler house-jinx are when compared to apt-jinx. Pictures! Pictures!

Seeking Solace said...

We just moved into our new house too. Moving is rough.

BTW, Journey is awesome!!!

PhysioProf said...

Did they deliver the MFJ yet????

Susan said...

Glad the cats have settled in. You have to get your priorities straight. And I bet the cat TV is much better from the house, what with the awesome yard. Looking forward to pics. (My little one is excited because I have the door open so she can look out the screen at the back yard...

As for #3, I get it.

Doctor Pion said...

Yes, please post pictures of happy cats in the Room of Ideas! But we can wait until your writing is done.

PS - Gotta love the new style of spamming links where the text is almost all in chinese or just a string of periods, each with its own hyperlink.