- So I'm living in my new house, but I'm still not entirely out of the apartment. The Salvation Army came today to take a bunch of stuff, but somehow I still have some things that need to be moved over here and some things that need to be thrown away. I got a lot accomplished this morning, but I could not make myself stay there after the SA guys came. I suppose it's a good thing that I've got a full week before I absolutely have to be out of the apartment.
- You may wonder how the kitties handled the move. Well. The Man-Kitty is a sensitive soul who finds any sort of upheaval very disturbing, so upon being brought to the new house, he proceeded to yowl for approximately 45 minutes as if in some sort of horrible agony, and refused to come out in the open but instead hid first behind boxes and then in the front hall closet. Mr. Stripey seemed to feel better about the change of scenery, but did face a difficulty in that he had no clue how to use stairs and so I had to try to model stair-climbing for him. So anyway, at one point he was trapped in the basement mewing, and Man-Kitty was hiding on the first floor and yowling, and I really was deeply concerned that we would never be at peace again. After a bit, though, Mr. Stripey was totally chilled out and back to normal, and the Man-Kitty is now mostly his usual self, though remains a bit skittish.
- I got new upgraded internet access so now everything is wicked fast! Huzzah!
- I also now have a DVR, and I feel like on the one hand it's a very cool thing to have but on the other hand it seems a little overrated? We'll see.
- I bought much new furniture on Saturday (new headboard/footboard, new mattress/boxspring, new drop-lid desk for living room, new chest of drawers) and have also bought a lot of new house-holdy items (sheets, towels, closet organizers, coffee pot, microwave) and so on the one hand I'm feeling like a shop-a-holic who is irresponsible but on the other hand I'm really excited for my house to be put together for once and for all.
- I have to give a conference paper in just under two weeks. Ummm....
3 years ago